Pages

Saturday 6 August 2011

Summer Holidays!



So, I've been on my summer holiday for about a week now and I'm absolutely loving it! I so desperately want to be a housewife, instead I choose one of the most opposing professions out there, one where I'm tied down every day, evening and weekend and have no time to run personal errands or bake cakes!

Talking of baking cakes, it's my friends birthday BBQ today and for the occasion a friend and I baked some pretty awesome cup cakes which sit in a pretty little cake stand... delightful. I may get round to posting a photo when I work out exactly how to do it.

Any way to the case in point, I never wanted to work, my grand plan was always to be a kept woman. I decided that if I went to University I would meet my rich and successful husband who would think I was clever and smart because I had a degree... that plan failed!!! On the plus side I now get to spend six weeks of my year playing at being a housewife! If only I had the money to be able to shop almost every day... sigh!

I do have work to do this holiday but I'm saving it as a treat for the end of the summer, a way to ease myself back into work. So for now I'm freeeeeeeee as a bird! My friends are loving the fact that they actually get to see my face... well I hope they are.

My holiday so far has consisted of shopping.. too much as my latest purchase was a new car (I need to look the kept woman part) lunching with various lovely people, baking and cooking dinner for the other half and running errands, all those things I couldn't do whilst I was teaching.

Fortunately I've managed to avoid the bumping into of children from school which is a bonus! It's not that I dislike bumping into children from school, it's just that it makes me all conscious and feel I have to behave respectably as a teacher would... and that's not me!

Anyway, I think I've bored you enough of my boring life and promise to post again when I have something a little more exciting to say.

Ciao for now
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment