Pages

Tuesday 9 August 2011

Time Off

So I've been off for two weeks now and I started my holidays being really productive getting lots of things done but now I've begun to slack a little! I spent the past few days rolling out of bed with my man at almost lunchtime and watching films... waste of time!! I did go out on Saturday though and spent a whopping total of £3.60- amazing. So I suppose that is a little more on the productive side!

I've also been house sitting up until today for a friend of mine who is lucky enough to spend most of her holidays visiting her husband in Italy- Jell!! I've come home to my parents house and chucked everything in my room so now its an utter mess. I suppose I really should 'be productive' and clear up but I really cannot be arsed!

So I got to thinking, how much work is sensible to be doing on holiday, I know teachers who will spend the majority of their holiday working both in and out of school. Other teachers have been super organised and done most of their work right at the end of the last year, even down to display boards done.

And then there's me! I literally abadoned my classroom at 3:20 at the end of term, tables and chairs all over the place, display boards empty and classroom a mess! The last thing I wanted to do was tidy and be organised! I just wanted a big, fat, cold glass of wine and put my feet up! I've done some class lists so far but thats about it. My plan is to go in to school next week and get everything done, put up displays, sort out seats, tidy my desk- which involves a lot of filing, put up my hall display and do planning for the first week or so of term. Over ambitious? Should I be doing more? Should I be trawling the internet and books for different and new ways to organise and manage my class and teaching or should I simply be resting ready for another year?

Would love to hear what you think and how much you do over your summer hols!


No comments:

Post a Comment