Pages

Friday 5 August 2011

Year 1

First year of teaching... done! I can't quite believe it! In some ways it was a really long year with loads of work but towards the end it went to quickly I can't remember what all the fuss was about back in October when I was marking 100 books at the weekend!! 

I've waved goodbye to my class of year 6 who will very shortly be entering the big world of secondary school... scary. Whilst they move on I get treated to a new class where I undoubtedly will have another year of amusing moments. 

One of my favourite moments was quite possibly when a child in my class asked what Mary's (the mother of Jesus- as we were writing autobiographies) surname is, I explained that well we don't really know, it was never recorded in the bible and don't worry about it in your writing everyone will know who you mean. Five minutes later the child pipes up, not to worry Miss I've worked it out, its Christ as in Jesus Christ, Mary Christ!!


I know the lives of teachers are boring, my friends will tell you that due to my lack of social life this year but I promise to only publish interesting stories... well I'll try to.

So Welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment